|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (a.) More elevated in place or position; higher; upper; as, the superior limb of the sun; the superior part of an image.
2. (a.) Higher in rank or office; more exalted in dignity; as, a superior officer; a superior degree of nobility.
3. (a.) Higher or greater in excellence; surpassing others in the greatness, or value of any quality; greater in quality or degree; as, a man of superior merit; or of superior bravery.
4. (a.) Beyond the power or influence of; too great or firm to be subdued or affected by; -- with to.
5. (a.) More comprehensive; as a term in classification; as, a genus is superior to a species.
6. (a.) Above the ovary; -- said of parts of the flower which, although normally below the ovary, adhere to it, and so appear to originate from its upper part; also of an ovary when the other floral organs are plainly below it in position, and free from it.
7. (a.) Belonging to the part of an auxiliary flower which is toward the main stem; posterior.
8. (a.) Pointing toward the apex of the fruit; ascending; -- said of the radical.
9. (n.) One who is above, or surpasses, another in rank, station, office, age, ability, or merit; one who surpasses in what is desirable; as, Addison has no superior as a writer of pure English.
10. (n.) The head of a monastery, convent, abbey, or the like.
Superior (18 Occurrences)
Matthew 10:24 "The learner is never superior to his teacher, and the servant is never superior to his master. (WEY)
Matthew 12:12 Is not a man, however, far superior to a sheep? Therefore it is right to do good on the Sabbath." (WEY)
Matthew 18:4 Whoever therefore shall humble himself as this young child, he it is who is superior to others in the Kingdom of the Heavens. (WEY)
Luke 6:40 There is no disciple who is superior to his teacher; but every one whose instruction is complete will be like his teacher. (WEY)
John 13:16 In most solemn truth I tell you that a servant is not superior to his master, nor is a messenger superior to him who sent him. (WEY)
John 15:20 Bear in mind what I said to you, 'A servant is not superior to his master.' If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you: if they have obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. (WEY)
Romans 2:18 and know the supreme will, and can test things that differ--being a man who receives instruction from the Law-- (See NIV)
Romans 11:25 For there is a truth, brethren, not revealed hitherto, of which I do not wish to leave you in ignorance, for fear you should attribute superior wisdom to yourselves--the truth, I mean, that partial blindness has fallen upon Israel until the great mass of the Gentiles have come in; (WEY)
1 Corinthians 2:1 And I, having come unto you, brethren, came -- not in superiority of discourse or wisdom -- declaring to you the testimony of God, (Root in YLT NAS NIV)
1 Corinthians 4:7 Why, who gives you your superiority, my brother? Or what have you that you did not receive? And if you really did receive it, why boast as if this were not so? (Root in WEY NAS)
1 Corinthians 8:8 It is true that a particular kind of food will not bring us into God's presence; we are neither inferior to others if we abstain from it, nor superior to them if we eat it. (WEY)
1 Corinthians 14:5 I should be right glad were you all to speak in 'tongues,' but yet more glad were you all to prophesy. And, in fact, the man who prophesies is superior to him who speaks in 'tongues,' except when the latter can interpret in order that the Church may get a blessing. (WEY)
2 Corinthians 3:10 for also even that which hath been glorious, hath not been glorious -- in this respect, because of the superior glory; (YLT)
Hebrews 1:4 having become as far superior to the angels as the Name He possesses by inheritance is more excellent than theirs. (WEY RSV NIV)
Hebrews 7:7 And beyond all dispute it is always the inferior who is blessed by the superior. (WEY RSV)
Hebrews 8:6 But now he has obtained a more excellent ministry, by so much as he is also the mediator of a better covenant, which on better promises has been given as law. (See NIV)
Daniel 1:20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king inquired of them, he found them ten times superior to all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm. (WBS)
Daniel 8:25 Through his policy he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and in their security shall he destroy many: he shall also stand up against the prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand. (See NIV)