|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) One who, or that which, supports; as, oxygen is a supporter of life.
2. (n.) Especially, an adherent; one who sustains, advocates, and defends; as, the supporter of a party, faction, or candidate.
3. (n.) A knee placed under the cathead.
4. (n.) A figure, sometimes of a man, but commonly of some animal, placed on either side of an escutcheon, and exterior to it. Usually, both supporters of an escutcheon are similar figures.
5. (n.) A broad band or truss for supporting the abdomen or some other part or organ.
Supporter (6 Occurrences)
Job 16:19 Even now my witness is in heaven, and the supporter of my cause is on high. (BBE)
Job 29:12 For I was a saviour to the poor when he was crying for help, to the child with no father, and to him who had no supporter. (BBE)
Psalms 16:5 The Lord is my heritage and the wine of my cup; you are the supporter of my right. (BBE)
Psalms 54:4 See, God is my helper: the Lord is the great supporter of my soul. (BBE)
Daniel 11:1 And as for me, in the first year of Darius the Mede, I stood up to confirm and strengthen him. (See JPS)
Daniel 12:1 And at that time Michael will take up his place, the great angel, who is the supporter of the children of your people: and there will be a time of trouble, such as there never was from the time there was a nation even till that same time: and at that time your people will be kept safe, everyone who is recorded in the book. (BBE)