|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To yield to the power of another; to give or deliver up possession of (anything) upon compulsion or demand; as, to surrender one's person to an enemy or to an officer; to surrender a fort or a ship.
2. (v. t.) To give up possession of; to yield; to resign; as, to surrender a right, privilege, or advantage.
3. (v. t.) To yield to any influence, emotion, passion, or power; -- used reflexively; as, to surrender one's self to grief, to despair, to indolence, or to sleep.
4. (v. t.) To yield; to render or deliver up; to give up; as, a principal surrendered by his bail, a fugitive from justice by a foreign state, or a particular estate by the tenant thereof to him in remainder or reversion.
5. (v. i.) To give up one's self into the power of another; to yield; as, the enemy, seeing no way of escape, surrendered at the first summons.
6. (n.) The act of surrendering; the act of yielding, or resigning one's person, or the possession of something, into the power of another; as, the surrender of a castle to an enemy; the surrender of a right.
7. (n.) The yielding of a particular estate to him who has an immediate estate in remainder or reversion.
8. (n.) The giving up of a principal into lawful custody by his bail.
9. (n.) The delivery up of fugitives from justice by one government to another, as by a foreign state. See Extradition.
Surrender (18 Occurrences)
Romans 6:13 and no longer lend your faculties as unrighteous weapons for Sin to use. On the contrary surrender your very selves to God as living men who have risen from the dead, and surrender your several faculties to God, to be used as weapons to maintain the right. (WEY)
Romans 6:16 Do you not know that if you surrender yourselves as bondservants to obey any one, you become the bondservants of him whom you obey, whether the bondservants of Sin (with death as the result) (WEY)
1 Corinthians 13:3 If I dole out all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but don't have love, it profits me nothing. (See NAS NIV)
1 Corinthians 15:24 Later on, comes the End, when He is to surrender the Kingship to God, the Father, when He shall have overthrown all other government and all other authority and power. (WEY)
Joshua 20:5 If the avenger of blood pursue after him, then they shall not deliver up the manslayer into his hand; because he struck his neighbor unintentionally, and didn't hate him before. (See NIV)
1 Samuel 11:3 The elders of Jabesh said to him, "Give us seven day, that we may send messengers to all the borders of Israel; and then, if there is no one to save us, we will come out to you." (See NIV)
1 Samuel 11:10 Therefore the men of Jabesh said, "Tomorrow we will come out to you, and you shall do with us all that seems good to you." (See NIV)
1 Samuel 23:11 Then said David, "Will the men of Keilah deliver me and my men into the hand of Saul?" Yahweh said, "They will deliver you up." (See NAS RSV NIV)
1 Samuel 23:12 Then David and his men, who were about six hundred, arose and departed out of Keilah, and went wherever they could go. It was told Saul that David was escaped from Keilah; and he gave up going there. (See NAS RSV NIV)
1 Samuel 23:20 Now therefore, O king, come down, according to all the desire of your soul to come down; and our part shall be to deliver him up into the king's hand." (See NAS RSV)
2 Kings 7:4 If we say,'We will enter into the city,' then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there. If we sit still here, we also die. Now therefore come, and let us surrender to the army of the Syrians. If they save us alive, we will live; and if they kill us, we will only die." (WEB NIV)
Psalms 41:2 Yahweh will preserve him, and keep him alive. He shall be blessed on the earth, and he will not surrender him to the will of his enemies. (WEB NIV)
Isaiah 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. (See NIV)
Jeremiah 38:17 Then said Jeremiah to Zedekiah, Thus says Yahweh, the God of Armies, the God of Israel: If you will go forth to the king of Babylon's princes, then your soul shall live, and this city shall not be burned with fire; and you shall live, and your house. (See RSV NIV)
Jeremiah 38:18 But if you will not go forth to the king of Babylon's princes, then shall this city be given into the hand of the Chaldeans, and they shall burn it with fire, and you shall not escape out of their hand. (See RSV NIV)
Jeremiah 38:21 But if you refuse to go forth, this is the word that Yahweh has shown me: (See RSV NIV)
Daniel 8:13 Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who spoke, How long shall be the vision concerning the continual burnt offering, and the disobedience that makes desolate, to give both the sanctuary and the army to be trodden under foot? (See NIV)
Hosea 11:8 How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how'shall I cast thee off, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how'shall I set thee as Zeboiim? my heart is turned within me, my compassions are kindled together. (See JPS NAS)