|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v.) To make sweet to the taste; as, to sweeten tea.
2. (v.) To make pleasing or grateful to the mind or feelings; as, to sweeten life; to sweeten friendship.
3. (v.) To make mild or kind; to soften; as, to sweeten the temper.
4. (v.) To make less painful or laborious; to relieve; as, to sweeten the cares of life.
5. (v.) To soften to the eye; to make delicate.
6. (v.) To make pure and salubrious by destroying noxious matter; as, to sweeten rooms or apartments that have been infected; to sweeten the air.
7. (v.) To make warm and fertile; -- opposed to sour; as, to dry and sweeten soils.
8. (v.) To restore to purity; to free from taint; as, to sweeten water, butter, or meat.
9. (v. i.) To become sweet.
Sweeten (3 Occurrences)
Job 20:12 Though he doth sweeten evil in his mouth, Doth hide it under his tongue, (YLT)
Job 24:20 Forget him doth the womb, Sweeten 'on' him doth the worm, No more is he remembered, And broken as a tree is wickedness. (YLT)
Psalms 55:14 When together we sweeten counsel, Into the house of God we walk in company. (YLT)