|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (v. t.) To beat out grain from, as straw or husks; to beat the straw or husk of (grain) with a flail; to beat off, as the kernels of grain; as, to thrash wheat, rye, or oats; to thrash over the old straw.
2. (v. t.) To beat soundly, as with a stick or whip; to drub.
3. (v. t.) To practice thrashing grain or the like; to perform the business of beating grain from straw; as, a man who thrashes well.
4. (v. t.) Hence, to labor; to toil; also, to move violently.
5. (v. t. & i.) Same as Thrash.
Thresh (7 Occurrences)
Isaiah 27:12 It will happen in that day, that Yahweh will thresh from the flowing stream of the Euphrates to the brook of Egypt; and you will be gathered one by one, children of Israel. (WEB NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 28:28 Bread flour must be ground; so he will not always be threshing it. Although he drives the wheel of his threshing cart over it, his horses don't grind it. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Isaiah 41:15 Behold, I have made you into a new sharp threshing instrument with teeth. You will thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and will make the hills like chaff. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Jeremiah 51:33 For thus says Yahweh of Armies, the God of Israel: The daughter of Babylon is like a threshing floor at the time when it is trodden; yet a little while, and the time of harvest shall come for her. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Hosea 10:11 Ephraim is a trained heifer that loves to thresh; so I will put a yoke on her beautiful neck. I will set a rider on Ephraim. Judah will plow. Jacob will break his clods. (WEB JPS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Micah 4:13 Arise and thresh, daughter of Zion; for I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hoofs brass; and you will beat in pieces many peoples: and I will devote their gain to Yahweh, and their substance to the Lord of the whole earth. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Habakkuk 3:12 You marched through the land in wrath. You threshed the nations in anger. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NIV)