|Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia|
(1) 'aphiq (Ezekiel 6:3; Ezekiel 31:12; Ezekiel 32:6; Ezekiel 34:13; Ezekiel 35:8; 36:4, 6), the King James Version "river," elsewhere "stream," "channel," or "brook."
(2) pelegh (Proverbs 21:1). "The king's heart is in the hand of Yahweh as the watercourses," the King James Version "rivers," elsewhere "streams" or "rivers."
(3) yabhal, yibheley mayim, "watercourses" (English Versions of the Bible) (Isaiah 44:4); in Isaiah 30:25, English Versions of the Bible has "streams of water"; compare yubhal, "rivers" (Jeremiah 17:8); yubhal, "Jubal" (Genesis 4:21); 'ubhal, "the river Ulai" (Daniel 8:2, 3, 6).
(4) te`alah, "channel," the King James Version "watercourse" (Job 38:25); elsewhere "conduit," "the conduit of the upper pool" (2 Kings 18:17 Isaiah 7:3; Isaiah 36:2).
(5) tsinnor, "watercourse," the King James Version "gutter" (2 Samuel 5:8).
See BROOK; RIVER; STREAM; WATERFALL.
Alfred Ely Day
Watercourse (6 Occurrences)
Deuteronomy 21:4 and the elders of that city shall bring down the heifer unto an ever-flowing watercourse, which is not tilled, nor is it sown, and shall break the heifer's neck there in the watercourse; (DBY)
Deuteronomy 21:6 And all the elders of that city, that are nearest unto him that is slain, shall wash their hands over the heifer whose neck is broken in the watercourse, (DBY)
2 Samuel 5:8 David said on that day, "Whoever strikes the Jebusites, let him get up to the watercourse, and strike the lame and the blind, who are hated by David's soul." Therefore they say, "The the blind and the lame can't come into the house." (WEB ASV DBY YLT)
2 Chronicles 32:30 This same Hezekiah also stopped the upper watercourse of Gihon, and brought it straight down to the west side of the city of David. And Hezekiah prospered in all his works. (KJV WBS)
Job 38:25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder; (KJV WBS)
Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in Yahweh's hand like the watercourses. He turns it wherever he desires. (Root in WEB JPS ASV NIV)