|Noah Webster's Dictionary|
1. (n.) A rod; a stick; a staff.
2. (n.) A branch; a twig.
3. (n.) A long piece of timber, as a rafter, etc.
4. (n.) A measure of length, equaling three feet, or thirty-six inches, being the standard of English and American measure.
5. (n.) The penis.
6. (n.) A long piece of timber, nearly cylindrical, tapering toward the ends, and designed to support and extend a square sail. A yard is usually hung by the center to the mast. See Illust. of Ship.
7. (n.) An enclosure; usually, a small enclosed place in front of, or around, a house or barn; as, a courtyard; a cowyard; a barnyard.
8. (n.) An enclosure within which any work or business is carried on; as, a dockyard; a shipyard.
9. (v. t.) To confine (cattle) to the yard; to shut up, or keep, in a yard; as, to yard cows.
Int. Standard Bible Encyclopedia
See OLIVE TREE.
Yard (8 Occurrences)
Acts 7:5 But he gave him no inheritance in it, no, not a single square yard of ground. And yet He promised to bestow the land as a permanent possession on him and his posterity after him--and promised this at a time when Abraham was childless. (WEY)
Ezekiel 41:12 The building that was before the separate place at the side toward the west was seventy cubits broad; and the wall of the building was five cubits thick all around, and its length ninety cubits. (See RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 41:13 So he measured the house, one hundred cubits long; and the separate place, and the building, with its walls, one hundred cubits long; (See RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 41:14 also the breadth of the face of the house, and of the separate place toward the east, one hundred cubits. (See RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 41:15 He measured the length of the building before the separate place which was at its back, and its galleries on the one side and on the other side, one hundred cubits; and the inner temple, and the porches of the court; (See RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 42:1 Then he brought me forth into the outer court, the way toward the north: and he brought me into the chamber that was over against the separate place, and which was over against the building toward the north. (See RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 42:10 In the thickness of the wall of the court toward the east, before the separate place, and before the building, there were chambers. (See RSV NIV)
Ezekiel 42:13 Then said he to me, The north chambers and the south chambers, which are before the separate place, they are the holy chambers, where the priests who are near to Yahweh shall eat the most holy things: there shall they lay the most holy things, and the meal offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; for the place is holy. (See RSV NIV)